YouTube was launched in 2005 and acquired by Google a year later. Since then, the platform has grown into one of the biggest online video sharing platforms in the world. In fact, YouTube is the second-largest search engine, surpassed only by Google.
YouTube managed to achieve this status – and retain – it by introducing a range of innovative features designed to serve users and creators alike.
Check out these impressive YouTube usage statistics:
- 73% of U.S. adults use YouTube
- The platform has 2 billion monthly active users
- YouTube is the second most-downloaded iOS app
- Over a billion hours of YouTube videos are viewed each day
- 500 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube per minute
No matter what type of business you have, you’re likely to find your target audience on YouTube, and in this article, we take a look at five different ways you can use the platform to grow your local business